Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 115581
RFE: Memtest86+ is a better memtest86
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:36 EST
And memtest86 is *not maintained*
Enhancement in v1.0 (Based on Memtest86 V3.0) :
* Lots of bug-fixes, works now with all AMD64.
* Added detection for Athlon 64 / Opteron
* Added detection for latest Athlon XP (including Barton)
* Added detection for latest Pentium 4 (including Prescott)
* Added detection for SiS735/740/745/748/755/645/655
* Added detection for ATi Radeon 9100 IGP (RS300)
* Added detection for nVidia
* Added detection for VIA
* Added detection for i865P/PE/G/i875P/E7500/E7501/E7205
* ECC initialization & ECC polling added for all AMD64 CPUs
* ECC initialization & ECC polling added for i875P and E7501 & E7205
* Added complete advanced settings detection for i875P, AMD64 and
* Added partial advanced settings detection for KT266(A)/KT333.
* Corrected ECC Error not counted as a global error anymore.
* Added a "safe-mode" (press F1 when memtest86+ loading) in case
* Source code now compatible with gcc 3
*** Bug 115582 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
memtest86 can be deleted