Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run gedit in Japanese environment
2. Shift + Space to start Japanese input
3. Press key 'n' and repeat several times
4. And even non-Japanese can see the input preedit is dancing.
Position of string in preedit area moves along with the last
char type in preedit. When the preedit last char is Japanese char,
the baseline is rather upper. When the preedit last char is
alphabet, the baseline is rather lower.
String in preedit area should looks like as if it was really
commited, and should not move.
- This doesn't seem to be a gedit upstream bug. Font setting issue is
- This bug never happen on Windows. Let's learn how great Microsoft's
i18n is and who sucks.
- This bug doesn't happen on gnome-terminal.
Reassign gtk+2, because this also happens on the simple test
Created attachment 97684 [details]
gcc -g -Wall -o main main.c `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags --libs`
I see it still in FC4, but I can't reproduce this with current rawhide.