Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 120375
policy-sources %post script should pass -W options to make.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:40 EST
The %post script in the policy-sources package should pass -W options
to make in order to force rebuilding of the policies. Otherwise the
following interesting scenario becomes possible:
1) User installs policy-sources-xxx
2) Red Hat builds a newer policy-sources-yyy package
3) User makes some local mods and rebuilds local policy files.
4) User upgrades to Red Hat's newer policy-sources-yyy package.
- policy files should be fully rebuilt
- make assumes that the local policy files (timestamped (3) ) are
newer than the "just upgraded" policy source files (timestamped (2) )
and does not do a proper rebuild.
- if the user is "especially lucky", then it could happen that
policy.conf gets rebuilt, but file_contexts is not (or vice versa),
resulting in file_context being invalid w.r.t. the loaded policy.
Good point. Fixed in policy-1.10.1-5
The current "-W /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/users" is probably
sufficient to make sure that policy.conf is rebuilt, but what about
file_contexts is rebuild when policy is rebuilt.