Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 120455
Symbol font problems with Acrobat and OpenOffice
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:40 EST
Description of problem:
OpenOffice and Acrobat are unable to find/use/print the symbol font.
Symbol font is installed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open a new document in OpenOffice or an existing PDF with symbols
2. Attempt to view or print
When using OpenOffice, symbol font appears on screen but not on
printed material. When using Acrobat, message appears indicating that
it could not find symbol font.
Please see also my postings in bug#109628
Why isn't the font embedded? Not clear this is a foomatic bug at all.
I'm not sure that it is foomatic, but the most clear indication of the
problem is through the ghostscript/foomatic logs and non-ability to
print items with the symbol font.
relevant log file attached to bug#109628, showing where
I've changed the permissions for the font directories as described in
bug#110956. All directories are executable.
I've also made sure that the Symbol font exists, and is within the
ghostscript search path.
Created attachment 99279 [details]
Looks like you copied Symbol from one directory to another -- we want
to make sure that you don't have to do that, obviously.
I'm closing this as a duplicate of bug #109628, since that's where all
the useful information about the problem is.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 109628 ***
Changed to 'CLOSED' state since 'RESOLVED' has been deprecated.