Bug 122079 - Can't upgrade to perl-XML-Twig-3.13-4 because of a bad dependency
Summary: Can't upgrade to perl-XML-Twig-3.13-4 because of a bad dependency
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: perl-XML-Twig   
(Show other bugs)
Version: rawhide
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Chip Turner
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2004-04-30 09:22 UTC by Michael Opdenacker
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:10 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Fixed In Version: 3.13-5
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2004-05-05 05:04:30 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Michael Opdenacker 2004-04-30 09:22:43 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040422

Description of problem:
Hello,

I did a fresh FC2 T3 install with all packages.

"up2date" is trying to upgrade the perl-XML-Twig package
from version 3.09-3 to 3.13-4, but it hangs.

I tried to upgrade it by hand:

> rpm -Uvh perl-XML-Twig-3.13-4.noarch.rpm
warning: perl-XML-Twig-3.13-4.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
ID 30c9ecf8
error: Failed dependencies:
        perl(XML::XPath) is needed by perl-XML-Twig-3.13-4

It looks like the dependencies string for this package
has not been filled properly. I guess it should contain
other package names, instead of the name of a Perl module,
which is unmanageable by RPM.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Michael.


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
perl-XML-Twig-3.13-4

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download perl-XML-Twig-3.13-4.noarch.rpm from Fedora Rawhide
2. rpm -Uvh perl-XML-Twig-3.13-4.noarch.rpm
    

Additional info:

Comment 1 Alexandre Oliva 2004-05-01 19:28:36 UTC
I see dependencies on both perl(XML::XPath) and
perl(XML::Twig::XPath).  I guess only the latter is correct.

Comment 2 Chip Turner 2004-05-03 14:45:03 UTC
should be in the next rawhide push

Comment 3 Dan Hollis 2004-05-03 19:09:27 UTC
I have this same problem. Hopefully it will be fixed ASAP.

Comment 4 Michael Opdenacker 2004-05-05 08:46:42 UTC
I confirm that this is fixed with vers 3.13-5.
Thanks a lot!
:-)
Michael.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.