Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1247116
The new import-image doesn't trigger sti build
Last modified: 2015-07-29 23:26:38 EDT
Description of problem:
During openshift upgrade, after openshift cartridge images was updated by "oc import-image IMAGESTREAM". The images upgrade didn't trigger sti build automatically. And the old applications and new application was still using old source images to do sti-build.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
OSE-18.104.22.168 to OSE-22.214.171.124
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a docker registry sever (registry1) and pull images from registry.access.redhat.com and push into this server.
2. Create Testing Enviroment and create images-stream using registry1 url
3. Create project and applications
4. Push lastest images to registry1 (Now Those images in registry1 have different image ids with registry.access.redhat.com )
5. oc import-image IMAGESTREAM
6. Check the image IDs.
oc get images -n openshift
7. Check those applications created by step 3
8. Create new applicaiton.
5. No new sti-build was triggerred.
6. There are two images IDs for same version of images
[root@master ~]# oc get images -n openshift
7. Those applications still use the old version of images.
8. The new applications also use the old version of images.
Once there images are imported during upgrade, openshift should tridgger Sti-build to using the new images automatically.
Would you mind pasting one of your deployment configs? We need to make sure that the trigger was set up correctly.
please also show the json output of:
Perhaps this is just a misunderstanding. I have cakephp, dancer, django, nodejs examples and none of them have ImageChange triggers on the s2i images that built them.
I think Cesar actually just discovered independently what is going on here... it's a legitimate bug in how we store the last triggered imageid.
Also Scott the example templates do have an ICT:
the ICT itself no longer specifies the Image it's triggered on, it implicitly is triggered by a change to the Image that the BuildConfig Strategy references, ie:
This is working as designed with v1 registries. Please see discussion here:
As smarterclayton said "Actually the real fix is to drop support for old registries".
When shall we do this update?
Does that mean after that update "The import-image will trigger sti build and deployment"?