Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1253819
sssd not seeing group membership properly
Last modified: 2015-09-30 08:31:11 EDT
Marked first comment private due to privacy concerns. Here is sanitized version for public-facing:
Description of problem:
- SSSD sees group membership properly of only the first person to log in. Every next user will not be assigned the group.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Linux $host 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jul 16 06:12:23 EDT 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Stop SSSD, clear cache and logs, start SSSD.
2. Log in as user1 that is member of $groupABCD2
3. Log in as user2 that is a member of $groupABCD2
- SSSD does not see $groupABCD2 in user2's groups.
- SSSD sees all of user2's groups properly.
Example SSSD debug and config attached. Setting prio. high for visibility.
Sorry for the delay. I was not able to reproduce this issue with sssd 1.12.4, sssd 1.12.5 or master. In the customer setup, are the versions of sssd same on both server and client? If not, what version is on the server side?
Could you try if the problem is still reproducible with newer versions? You can try Lukas's unofficial repo for testing purposes:
sorry I posted wrong repo link, the one I wanted you to try is this one
Again, it is unsupported repo, but it will tell us if the problem remains in the latest 1-12 branch.
Ping, any news about the test results?
Sending new repo link. The previous is deprecated (it only contains link to this new one):
There was no update since 2015-09-03 closing.