Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1254378
sssd not returning proper search query
Last modified: 2015-09-04 02:00:15 EDT
Description of problem:
- RHEL 6 SSSD client of RHEL 7 IPA Server that has a trust with AD
- When querying RHEL 7 IPA Host for user information from AD, IPA Host returns wrong information and the query fails due to this.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Not sure if this is an issue with RHEL 7.1 SSSD or RHEL 6.5 SSSD
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure RHEL 7 IPA Host with SSSD and trust to AD
2. Configure RHEL 6 IPA Client with SSSD
3. Attempt 'id' on AD user from RHEL 6 Client
- Nothing found
- Information of user returned
- 'id' works on the RHEL 7 machine to query AD users
SSSD on server side is not able to connect to Active Directory and therefore sssd went to offline mode. IIRC some work in this area was done as part of rhel7.2 time frame; So SSSD should handle problematic subdomains more gracefully. Jakub might know better.
(In reply to Lukas Slebodnik from comment #11)
> SSSD on server side is not able to connect to Active Directory and therefore
> sssd went to offline mode. IIRC some work in this area was done as part of
> rhel7.2 time frame; So SSSD should handle problematic subdomains more
> gracefully. Jakub might know better.
Hmm, I'm not sure what improvements specifically you mean here, but I agree this bug looks like a DNS issue.