Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1256693
[7.1_3.5.4][ovirt_node]RHEVH TUI crash after setup hosted engine in the case of network disconnection
Last modified: 2016-01-28 08:26:44 EST
Created attachment 1066799 [details]
Dropping this from a z-stream for now, as it's an unusual flow.
A note about this report, it seems the issue is related to ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm calling vdscli.getVdsCaps() which gets stuck if the network is gone.
Douglas, is an exception raised, and can this exception be catched?
(In reply to Fabian Deutsch from comment #7)
> Douglas, is an exception raised, and can this exception be catched?
In my test, I don't see any exception raised, it just stuck.
Huijuan, can you still reproduce the crash, or is it also just hanging for you?
(In reply to Fabian Deutsch from comment #10)
> Huijuan, can you still reproduce the crash, or is it also just hanging for
Fabian, my test results:
1. Clean install rhev-hypervisor7-7.2-20160126.0.el7ev
2. Setup Network via DHCP
3. Setup hosted engine through ova successfully.
4. Disconnect network
5. Press up/down button in RHEVH TUI
6. Connect network
7. Disconnect network
1. After step5, RHEV-H TUI stuck for more than 2 minutes in “RHEV-M”/"Hosted Engine" page, there is also error message:"Connection closed: Connection timed out".
Wait for more than 2 minutes, the RHEV-H system reboot, after reboot, the TUI still stuck in “RHEV-M”/"Hosted Engine" page for more than 2 minutes.
2. After step6, TUI is normal
3. After step7, the TUI still stuck in “RHEV-M”/"Hosted Engine" page for more than 2 minutes.
After step5/7，the RHEVH TUI should work well.
Okay. That situation is even better, because we don't have a crash.
Closing this bug, because no crash appears anymore, and a missing network connection will also cause additional trouble, not just this bug.