Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1258001
External Monitor not enabled after suspend - T440s
Last modified: 2017-08-02 02:57:17 EDT
Description of problem:
When resuming a Lenovo T440s in a Dock with 1 external Monitor, after it was used without the dock, the Monitor is not recognized
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
gnome-shell-3.14.4-26.el7.x86_64 (it also doe snot work in RHEL 7.2 Candidate)
Every time after the Notebook was used without external Monitor
Steps to Reproduce:
1. use the Notebook inside the dock with the external Monitor connected (tested with Displayport and DVI)
2. suspend the Notebook
3. take it out of the dock
4. resume the Notebook and work with it
5. suspend the Notebook
6. dock the Notebook and resume
The external Monitor is not recognized.
Monitor should turn on and be set up as before
2 workarounds so far:
1. restart gnome-shell (Alt-F2 + r)
2. undock and dock the Notebook one more time (while it is running)
Duplicated/related to bug 1197677 ?
This is a kernel issue, see bug 1254126.
do we have a patched kernel already to test out on RHEL 7.1?
kernel issue was fixed, this is gnome shell's piece missing in bug 1219476