Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1258152
no software installed by default with "KDE Plasma Workspaces" to extract ZIP files
Last modified: 2015-08-30 08:06:06 EDT
Description of problem:
Extraction of ZIP files not possible with default software stack of "KDE Plasma Workspaces".
"Archive Mounter" (or dolphin?) does not cope with ZIP files.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. use netinst.iso and select "Plasma" as software group to install Fedora
2. after installation: log in to Plasma desktop environment
3. download https://phs.googlecode.com/files/Download%20File%20Test.zip
4. try to open file in dolphin with a double left mouse button click
right click on ZIP file -- open with 'Archive Mounter'
- file should be opened with archive manager, f.e. ark
- install ark by default for "KDE Plasma Workspaces"
In Fedora 20 (KDE4) ark was installed by default as far as I can remember.
I am not sure which package to file the bug against, hence using ark.
Ark isn't in the core "KDE Plasma Workspaces" group true, it's currently in
"KDE Applications" A set of commonly used KDE applications
We can reconsider moving ark back to the core group.
Just install the @kde-apps group (or install from the KDE Spin, which is the recommended way to install Fedora with KDE).