Bug 1260793 - [RFE] filters should be captured into the version of the published content view
[RFE] filters should be captured into the version of the published content view
Status: NEW
Product: Red Hat Satellite 6
Classification: Red Hat
Component: Content Views (Show other bugs)
6.1.1
Unspecified Linux
medium Severity medium (vote)
: Unspecified
: --
Assigned To: satellite6-bugs
: FutureFeature
: 1088383 1300427 1313966 1489459 (view as bug list)
Depends On:
Blocks: 1317008
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2015-09-07 15:51 EDT by Fred van Zwieten
Modified: 2018-05-25 03:05 EDT (History)
11 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Enhancement
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed:
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)


External Trackers
Tracker ID Priority Status Summary Last Updated
Red Hat Knowledge Base (Solution) 2148641 None None None 2017-01-24 05:44 EST

  None (edit)
Description Fred van Zwieten 2015-09-07 15:51:52 EDT
Description of problem:
The history of how a version of a content view is build is lost, because the filters that were in place during the publish task have been modified since.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1. create content view v1 with a filter
2. change filter
3. create content view v2 wth another filter
4. select version 1 of content view
5. try to determine how the content views content was made

Actual results:
history on filters is not present

Expected results:
filter definitions are captured and viewable in the version of a content view

Additional info:
There is no conplete audit trail of a cv version
If one would want to re-use of examine a version the filters should be reviewable as well
Comment 2 Pavel Moravec 2015-10-23 16:03:50 EDT
I see this as rather a bug than a RFE. See this scenario:

1) I create a content view (CV) with some filters and publish it as version 1.

2) I update the filters and publish them as version 2.

3) I realize filters update was completely wrong, i.e. version 2 is completely wrong, so I delete it.

4) I end up with CV version 1 - but with _no_ filter at all. Since all filters were deleted together with deleting version 2.

(at least that is my understanding of the test mgazdik run)
Comment 4 Brad Buckingham 2016-08-24 17:26:31 EDT
*** Bug 1300427 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 5 Brad Buckingham 2016-08-25 14:06:24 EDT
*** Bug 1313966 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 9 Brad Buckingham 2017-09-20 11:40:20 EDT
*** Bug 1489459 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 10 Rich Jerrido 2017-10-12 09:40:46 EDT
*** Bug 1088383 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.