Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1260793
[RFE] filters should be captured into the version of the published content view
Last modified: 2018-05-25 03:05:57 EDT
Description of problem:
The history of how a version of a content view is build is lost, because the filters that were in place during the publish task have been modified since.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create content view v1 with a filter
2. change filter
3. create content view v2 wth another filter
4. select version 1 of content view
5. try to determine how the content views content was made
history on filters is not present
filter definitions are captured and viewable in the version of a content view
There is no conplete audit trail of a cv version
If one would want to re-use of examine a version the filters should be reviewable as well
I see this as rather a bug than a RFE. See this scenario:
1) I create a content view (CV) with some filters and publish it as version 1.
2) I update the filters and publish them as version 2.
3) I realize filters update was completely wrong, i.e. version 2 is completely wrong, so I delete it.
4) I end up with CV version 1 - but with _no_ filter at all. Since all filters were deleted together with deleting version 2.
(at least that is my understanding of the test mgazdik run)
*** Bug 1300427 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1313966 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1489459 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 1088383 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***