Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1262858
HTML5 console keyboard mapping
Last modified: 2015-12-14 10:15:31 EST
Description of problem:
Keyboard mappings for different countries' keyboard layout don't work well in the HTML5 console in CFME.
I have my keyboard set to german layout ("de"). I have virtual machines (on VMware) that I manage through CFME. I open the HTML5 console to one of these machines (I tried RHEL 7.1 and Windows 2012).
Special characters aren't interpreted correctly on the virtual machine.
VMs are always set to german key mapping.
When I switch my local keyboard to US, the key mappings work well.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- CFME 22.214.171.124.20150605150206_7daa1a8
- workstation: Chrome 45, Firefox 40 on Fedora 22
- VMware VI 5.5 (vCenter, ESXi hypervisors)
- Should also be verified with Windows desktops!
Steps to Reproduce:
- Connect to RHEL 7.1 VM with boot option keymap=de
- or connect to Windows 2012 VM with german keyboard mapping
- Set workstation's keyboard to "de"
- Try special characters like ,.-;:_äöü#+()=?
- Try the same with workstation's keyboard set to "us"
- shows a ẞ (german eszet)
- Umlauts don't work at all (äöü)
- Shift-8 gives ) instead of (
- Shift-9 gives = instead of )
- Shift-0 doesn't work
- Shift-ß gives = instead of ?
- /*-+ on numerical keypad give wrong results
- virtual machine receives key actions as they are typed in on the local machine