Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1264261
Auto-attached bonus pool can't revoke after migration
Last modified: 2018-07-04 01:36:49 EDT
Description of problem:
Guest auto attach a subpool on original host, the bonus pool still exist after it has been migrated to destination host.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register orig host, dst host and guest(on orig host) to Satellite
2. Make virt-who run at kvm mode on orig host and dst host
3. Orig host subscribe "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters, Standard"
4. Guest auto subscribe the bonus pool which generate by Datacenter pool
5. Migrate guest to dst host.
6. Check the virt-who's log, virt-who has show the guest on dst host, meanwhile, it has removed from orig host
7. On Satellite web UI, Go to Hosts-->Content host-->Guest name --> Detail, it show guest's Virtual host is dst host
8. On Satellite web UI, Go to Hosts-->Content host-->Guest name --> Subscriptions--> List/Remove
Guest still subscribed the previous bonus pool which generate by orig host. Please see the screenshot in attachment
The bonus pool should revoke since guest has been migrated to another host.
If manual attach the same bonus pool, it hasn't this problem, the bonus pool can be removed after migration
Created attachment 1074683 [details]
Shouldn't this bug be assigned to Satellite 6 instead of virt-who? It looks like virt-who is sending correct information to the Satellite.
Ok, I think so, move it to satellite6, thanks.(In reply to Radek Novacek from comment #2)
> Shouldn't this bug be assigned to Satellite 6 instead of virt-who? It looks
> like virt-who is sending correct information to the Satellite.
It still exist on Satellite-6.1.0-RHEL-7-20160107.0.
Tom, Have you been able to determine if this is a Katello or Candlepin issue?