Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1269215
ifup brings up IPoIB interface wrongly (following initscripts update?)
Last modified: 2016-11-25 08:07:36 EST
Description of problem:
An IPoIB interface which was correctly configured previously has come up in a bad state after a recent reboot, presumably following an initscripts update since the last boot.
It's supposed to be operating in CONNECTED_MODE (set in ifcfg-ib0) but actually came up in datagram mode, with resulting grief on the NFS mounts.
It turns out that ifup brings it up using ifup-eth, not ifup-ib because there's no keys-ib0 file which it checks for.
I don't know where that's supposed to come from, and unfortunately don't have a backup to know if it was there previously when the interface came up correctly. Creating one with the right contents fixed the problem.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Working fine for me because I have:
in my ifcfg-ib0 file which is what sets the DEVICETYPE used for ifup-$DEVICETYPE. It should also work if TYPE is missing, because then it should strip the number from DEVICE and use that.
DO you have the original ifcfg file?
(In reply to Orion Poplawski from comment #2)
> Working fine for me because I have:
> in my ifcfg-ib0 file which is what sets the DEVICETYPE used for
> ifup-$DEVICETYPE. It should also work if TYPE is missing, because then it
> should strip the number from DEVICE and use that.
Thanks for the clue. TYPE is undocumented as far as I can see, but it turns
out our dear vendor had set it to Ethernet originally. I should have looked
more closely -- sorry for the noise. It works once I remove that.
Something seems to have changed in initscripts because it was originally working
somehow, but the change looks like a bug fix if anything. (I realized since
it's under etckeeper I could check the whole configuration was unchanged.)
I don't seem to have a way to mark this as invalid.