Description of problem:
I've mounted the share with the same username and password with other file managers and it worked fine, gvfs-smb seems to be working fine and so does Windows 7. I've tried doing it from the livecd in case my system is messed up but i ended up with the same result.
Opening a text file with gVim seemed to work fine, i didn't try other programs.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Mount samba share
2. Open any file with a KDE/Qt application
Access denied error
Opens file normally
I filed this under dolphin because i don't know where's the proper place.
Got this problem now after a network IP address relabeling (formerly 192.168.178.0/24, now 192.168.10.0/24).
Opening an SMB share on an SMB server via Dolphin (dolphin-15.04.3-2.fc22.x86_64) results in "Access denied", no questions even asked.
- The share is password-protected
- The SMB resources on the network cannot be listed in Dolphin, one has to access the share by putting in the path in the "path-to-resource bar"
- Listing the shares available of the SMB server works via explicit indication of path works
- Credentials for the share (using the IP address prior to relabeling) were in KDE wallet; I removed them using kwalletmanager for good measure but that didn't change anything
- Accessing the share from the command line via smbclient works nicely:
$ smbclient //192.168.10.2/SCAN -U "Bastard Operator From Hell"
Enter Bastard Operator From Hell's password:
Domain=[FOODOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.18]
smb: \> dir
. DA 0 Thu Nov 19 11:21:43 2015
.. DA 0 Thu Nov 5 12:07:21 2015
.DS_Store AH 8196 Wed Nov 11 11:53:28 2015
.TemporaryItems DAH 0 Mon Mar 23 09:42:13 2015
BrotherScan_008939.pdf A 387724 Wed Nov 18 22:48:12 2015
Thumbs.db HS 18432 Wed Nov 18 22:57:00 2015
BrotherScan_008947.pdf A 774420 Thu Nov 19 10:59:06 2015
2879621632 blocks of size 1024. 2400457232 blocks available
Is there any way to get verbose debug infor from Dolphin?
Fedora 22 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2016-07-19. Fedora 22 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version. If you
are unable to reopen this bug, please file a new report against the
current release. If you experience problems, please add a comment to this
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.