Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1271987
Monitor Reports View Diff link for Puppet file changes works only once then shows empty window
Last modified: 2017-09-14 15:23:14 EDT
Created attachment 1083182 [details]
Diff window on first click with correct content
Description of problem:
If Puppet detects a difference in a file and reports it, there is a link in the Satellite Report GUI showing the difference detected "View Diff". Clicking on the link works once but then shows only an empty window.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Generate a difference in a file managed by Puppet
2. Wait a while until a report is generated
3. Open the report under Monitor -> Reports
4. There should be a "View Diff" link
5. Click on it
6. Close it
7. Click again on it
On the first click, the window appears with a proper Diff
On the 2nd click, the window appears but is completely empty
The click works each time.
- a forced refresh of the page makes the link functional again
- the diff window is not movable (just a side remark)
Created attachment 1083183 [details]
Empty diff window on 2nd click
This seems to be fixed in 6.2, the diff modal showed changes in content even after clicking the 'View Diff' link repeatedly without refreshing the page. Can QE verify, if this is persistent in 6.2?