Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1272252
[abrt] evolution-data-server: g_hash_table_lookup_node(): evolution-source-registry killed by SIGABRT
Last modified: 2016-12-20 10:00:07 EST
Description of problem:
Occurs after Xorg crash
Version-Release number of selected component:
runlevel: N 5
Thread no. 1 (10 frames)
#4 g_hash_table_lookup_node at ghash.c:373
#5 g_hash_table_lookup at ghash.c:1147
#6 signal_cb at gdbusobjectmanagerclient.c:995
#7 emit_signal_instance_in_idle_cb at gdbusconnection.c:3701
#12 dbus_server_run_server at e-dbus-server.c:232
#13 ffi_call_unix64 at ../src/x86/unix64.S:76
#14 ffi_call at ../src/x86/ffi64.c:525
#15 g_cclosure_marshal_generic_va at gclosure.c:1600
#16 _g_closure_invoke_va at gclosure.c:864
#19 e_dbus_server_run at e-dbus-server.c:423
Created attachment 1083435 [details]
Created attachment 1083436 [details]
Created attachment 1083437 [details]
Created attachment 1083438 [details]
Created attachment 1083439 [details]
Created attachment 1083440 [details]
Created attachment 1083441 [details]
Created attachment 1083442 [details]
Created attachment 1083443 [details]
Created attachment 1083444 [details]
Thanks for a bug report. According to the backtrace, the crash happened due to an assertion:
> assertion failed: (hash_table->ref_count > 0)
which happened on a D-Bus object
I guess this happened due to some error in the code, maybe causing a memory corruption due to writing to an already freed memory for some reason.
I can think of , which can affect all the evolution related processes, but I have no prove whether it's related at all.
Another user experienced a similar problem:
I've launched GNOME Settings then went for GNOME Online Accounts to add my primary Google account and i did so and left every option ON "gmail, calendar, contacts ect..." Then right away i added another Google account but this time however i unchecked all options but the Gmail option and that's when i got this error in question.
reason: evolution-source-registry killed by SIGABRT
runlevel: N 5
This message is a reminder that Fedora 23 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 4 (four) weeks from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 23. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as EOL if it remains open with a Fedora 'version'
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version.
Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that we were not
able to fix it before Fedora 23 is end of life. If you would still like
to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a later version
of Fedora, you are encouraged change the 'version' to a later Fedora
version prior this bug is closed as described in the policy above.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
Fedora 23 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2016-12-20. Fedora 23 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version. If you
are unable to reopen this bug, please file a new report against the
current release. If you experience problems, please add a comment to this
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.