Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1272837
[Docs] [VM] Installing Windows Virtual Machines
Last modified: 2015-11-24 18:00:52 EST
The following information must be added to the chapter on installing Windows virtual machines in the Virtual Machine Management Guide:
* An introduction that answers the following questions:
- What does this chapter outline?
- What are the general steps involved?
- What does the user end up with at the end?
Creating a Virtual Machine
* Can the opening sentence be changed to something more akin to 'Create a new
virtual machine and configure the basic options'?
* Can we make the step on setting the Operating System its own step, and made
a little more specific? E.g. 'select the Windows variant from the...'
Starting the Virtual Machine Using the Run Once Option
* What is the benefit of using the 'Run Once' menu instead of the normal start
Installing Windows on VirtIO-Optimized Hardware
* This topic has been around for a while, and launches straight into an
explanation of the VFD, which is a little confusing. Users just need to know
that it needs to be available, and that it will be made available by an admin.
Maybe the procedure for uploading it should be made part of the Installation
Assigning to Tahlia for review.
this is an automated message. oVirt 3.6.0 RC3 has been released and GA is targeted to next week, Nov 4th 2015.
Please review this bug and if not a blocker, please postpone to a later release.
All bugs not postponed on GA release will be automatically re-targeted to
- 3.6.1 if severity >= high
- 4.0 if severity < high
Assigning Megan as the QA contact.
Megan - could you have a look at the changes for this bug?
RHEV 3.6 Beta documentation can be found at