Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1272957
gluster driver: same volumes are re-used with vol mapped layout after restarting manila services
Last modified: 2016-05-19 11:41:01 EDT
Description of problem:
Unlike directory based layout, with volume mapped layout a complete volume is picked to create a share. Volume thus picked should be used to create only one share.
However, shares created after manila service restart picks the volume once again although there is already a share created out of it. This is not expected.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
# rpm -qa | grep 'manila'
Steps to Reproduce:
1) create a backend gluster volume
2) create a share from the volume created above
3) Attempt to create share once again - share creation fails as there are no volumes to pick up - This is expected
4) restart all manila services
5) Attempt to create share once again - share gets created on volume which was already used in step 1
volume is re-used
volume should not be re-used
This bug is against a Version which has reached End of Life.
If it's still present in supported release (http://releases.openstack.org), please update Version and reopen.