Bug 1275656 - FontAwesome lib bad path
FontAwesome lib bad path
Product: RDO
Classification: Community
Component: openstack-horizon (Show other bugs)
All Linux
unspecified Severity low
: ---
: Kilo
Assigned To: Matthias Runge
wes hayutin
Depends On:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2015-10-27 08:47 EDT by Leslie-Alexandre DENIS
Modified: 2016-05-19 03:44 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2016-05-19 03:44:17 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Leslie-Alexandre DENIS 2015-10-27 08:47:51 EDT

Currently the Horizon dashboard generates a bad path into the CSS for the FontAwesome loading.

grep -nri "src: url('/dashboard/static/horizon/lib/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot?v=4.1.0');" /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/


src: url('/dashboard/static/horizon/lib/font-awesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot?v=4.1.0');

Removing /dashboard into the CSS make it load correctly.
OpenStack dashboard is launched via Apache 2.4 WSGI with an Alias for the /static directory as the documentation states.
OpenStack dashboard is accessible via the / of the VirtualHost, not /dashboard.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


Comment 1 Matthias Runge 2015-10-27 09:40:05 EDT
Actually, the workaround might work by coincidence; I'm not sure, where this went wrong, but it looks like an ignored WEBROOT setting somewhere in the code.
Comment 2 Leslie-Alexandre DENIS 2015-10-28 10:19:39 EDT
Hello Matthias,

I eventually found the problematic piece of code.

To begin with, the root cause is in >


A variable named $webroot is hardcoded with "/dashboard" value at the beginning.

It's later used for FontAwesome loading in this way >

$fa-font-path: $webroot + "/static/horizon/lib/font-awesome/fonts";

I tried two fixes >

- set $webroot to "" (null) : it brakes the login of Horizon
- leave $webroot and remove the concatenation for $fa-font-path : works

Hoping that it can improve the code.

See you,
Comment 3 Leslie-Alexandre DENIS 2015-10-28 13:10:27 EDT
And just for the sake of clarity, upstream code set $webroot with "".
It's completely rewritten into Liberty though.


Comment 4 Matthias Runge 2016-05-19 03:44:17 EDT
there has been quite a change and a HUGE backport to kilo. I believe this issue is fixed now.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.