Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1276637
[systemd] ThinkPad T400 suspends during boot procedure when docked and lid closed
Last modified: 2016-07-20 09:02:11 EDT
Description of problem:
A ThinkPad T400 which is attached to a docking station (plus external monitor) with its lid closed suspends late during the boot procedure (plymouth already showing the Fedora logo). Upon pressing a key, moving the mouse, or pressing the power button the system resumes but it suspends again within a few seconds.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot system from the Fedora Workstation 23 RC10 live DVD.
Instead of displaying the login manager, the system suspends.
The login manager is displayed, and it is possible to log in.
- When escaping the graphical boot screen during the boot procedure, no suspend is observed, and the GNOME desktop appears as expected.
- Bug 1070903 reported a similar issue for the VESA driver which is still present here, too, and in this case, even escaping the graphical boot screen has no effect.
- The video device is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 (RV620).
1. Actual results:
Instead of displaying the GNOME desktop, the system suspends.
The GNOME desktop is displayed.
2. Issue is absent for the installed system and when booting from the network install media.
Issue resolved in the latest live image F23-x86_64-WORK-20160704.