Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1289601
Task export in foreman-debug called from sosreport is malformed (gz truncated to 4999lines)
Last modified: 2015-12-09 03:45:40 EST
Description of problem:
Running sosreport on Satellite, it calls foreman-debug that collects task-export. But:
1) Unpacking the sosreport, task-export tarball is malformed and cant be extracted. The cause is either foreman-debug or rather sosreport (dont have time to verify this now but blame foreman plugin in sos shortening the file length), so either tool shortens the file to 4999 lines.
2) It happened several times (on systems with many tasks although finished) that task export took extremely long, causing sosreport timeouted the command after 300seconds. Isn't it better to shorten possible time execution by shortening history of tasks to be collected? I.e. one week? That shouldnt impact investigation (much)..
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. sosreport -o foreman --batch
2. tar xJvf <sosreport_tarball> | grep task-export
3. tar xvf sosreport-*/sos_commands/foreman/foreman-debug/tmp/task-export-*.tar.gz
(replace the filename from the output from 2.)
4. wc tar xvf sosreport-*/sos_commands/foreman/foreman-debug/tmp/task-export-*.tar.gz
3. fails with "gzip: stdin: not in gzip format" error
4. shows something like:
4999 34689 1646111 sosreport-pmoravec-sat61-rhel7.gsslab.brq.redhat.com-20151208150924/sos_commands/foreman/foreman-debug/tmp/task-export-1449583869.tar.gz
Wasn't this already fixed in
The BZ is pending 6.2 build. Can you confim the patch and then close this one please?
(In reply to Lukas Zapletal from comment #2)
> Wasn't this already fixed in
> The BZ is pending 6.2 build. Can you confim the patch and then close this
> one please?
Thanks and apologize I havent checked duplicate BZs. I am closing this as duplicate but will complain in the other as FailedQE (my testing found an issue)..
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1274694 ***