Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1293225
[RHEL-7.2] anaconda-generator failure message on every boot when 'Server-with-GUI' is installed.
Last modified: 2018-04-03 13:04:24 EDT
In a RHEL-7.2 installed machine, /var/log/messages shows failure of anaconda-generator on every boot.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install RHEL-7.2, selecting "Server with GUI" set of packages.
2. After installation, boot into it.
3. Check /var/log/messages to see anaconda-generator failure message on every boot.
/var/log/messages show anaconda-generator failure message on every boot.
No such error message during boot time.
• There is already an article released by RedHat for RHEL-7.2:
• Workaround mentioned is to uninstall anaconda-core.
As of 7-Dec-2015, the above article says the fix-work is in progress.
Can you point us to the BugZilla dealing with this issue?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1289179 ***
Can BZ#1289179 be made open to us?
Dell has been granted visibility on Bug 1289179.