Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1294509
[RFE] Supported method for adding additional Masters hosts to HA environment
Last modified: 2016-09-27 11:16:15 EDT
- Proposed title of this feature request
Supported method for adding additional Masters and ECTD hosts to HA environment
- What is the nature and description of the request?
As users are implementing Openshift 3.1 in production they are looking for a supported solution to add additional Masters and ectd hosts to an existing HA environment.
- Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
1. Ability to scale up their environment if the need arises.
2. Disaster recovery, re-deploy or add new master or ectd host back in environment
- How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
1. Ansible playbook
-Rerunning the same installer starting playbook (not preferred)
-Separate starting playbook called to add Master, ectd, node, or update configuration.
2. Supported documented steps adding masters and etcd hosts to environment for native HA and pacemaker
- Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
- Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
As soon as possible.
- Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Related bug specific to etcd https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1349712