Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1296247
Missing multi-language support on live ISOs built in Fedora 23 Cloud
Last modified: 2016-01-06 12:29:26 EST
Description of problem:
- When building Live ISOs on Fedora 23 Cloud, the resulting images have only English support. This was not the case on Fedora 22 Cloud.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
- Live ISOs have all language support.
- I have tried installing the missing RPMs between Fedora 22 Cloud and Fedora 23 Cloud with no change in behavior.
- I have also tried upgrading Fedora 22 Cloud to Fedora 23 Cloud which causes the newly built live ISOs to lose multi-language support.
- Images built on Fedora 23 Server have multi-language support.
This just in:
[12:10] <striker> maxamillion: I have tried installing the missing RPMs between F22C and F23C, upgrading F22C to F23C, neither change anything
[12:12] <maxamillion> striker: that's odd
[12:12] <striker> it is odd indeeeeeed
[12:13] <maxamillion> nirik: so striker said that F22 Cloud has all the language support but F23 is lacking ... any ideas? could it be a comps change? $other?
[12:14] <nirik> dunno. ask someone in the cloud sig? they are meeting now I think.
[12:17] <maxamillion> nirik: indeed we are :)
[12:17] <nirik> might be related to https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1051816 and dnf-langppacks.
[12:17] <nirik> but beats me.
[12:17] * nirik goes back to trying to read email
[12:18] <maxamillion> nirik: rgr, thanks
[12:20] <striker> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1296247
[12:22] <dgilmore> maxamillion: it was intentionally removed
[12:26] <dgilmore> striker: echo '%_install_langs C:en:en_US:en_US.UTF-8' >> /etc/rpm/macros.image-language-conf
[12:26] <dgilmore> you will need to undo that
[12:26] <dgilmore> and then reinstall all the packages