Description of problem:
The bug is very similar to 118906. kscd perfectly works without freedb
searches enabled. But it crashes with certain audio CDs (those that
either have no freedb entry, or have multiple entries to chose from).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
kscd binary in question is a part of kdemultimedia-3.1.3-3.1
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Start KDE
1. Take a couple of audio CDs
2. Use gnome-cd to locate one of them which has several entries
3. rm ~/.kde/share/config/kscdrc
rm -rf ~/.kde/share/apps/kscd/cddb
4. start kscd without CD inserted in the drive and enable
5. Exit kscd and make sure that freedb searches are enabled
in the newly created ~/.kde/share/config/kscdrc
6. Insert the previuosly located audio CD in the drive
7. Respond with any choice in the pop-up asking you to
select the CD title
8. At this point, kscd will crash
This bug is filed against RHEL 3, which is in maintenance phase.
During the maintenance phase, only security errata and select mission
critical bug fixes will be released for enterprise products. Since
this bug does not meet that criteria, it is now being closed.
For more information of the RHEL errata support policy, please visit:
If you feel this bug is indeed mission critical, please contact your
support representative. You may be asked to provide detailed
information on how this bug is affecting you.