Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1298591
search feature in hosts page does nothing
Last modified: 2016-07-20 11:31:47 EDT
Description of problem
Search feature in Hosts page doesn't work.
Version-Release number of selected component
# rpm -qa | grep rhsc
Steps to Reproduce
1. Accept at least 2 hosts via web ui
2. Go to "Hosts" page
3. Check that you see all hosts in the page.
4. Type name of one of the hosts in the search input box (so that the search query would match only single host)
Nothing happens, all hosts are still shown in the page.
Only hosts which matches search query are shown, which would be only single host in our case.
The same Search input box is present in Tasks page where it works as expected: only tasks which matches search query are shown on the page.
It appears to mostly work but there are some corner cases when it does not work.
Checking with rhscon-ui-0.0.48-1.el7scon.noarch
Searching for a single host works on the Hosts page works (as described in
>> VERIFIED (as far as this BZ is concerned)
* the search on the Hosts page seems to filter only hosts with names
starting with the query
* on the other hand, the search on tasks page filters substrings as well
* the fact that BZ 1341614 was pushed out effectively means that QE have
no idea how the search should actually work