Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1301440
[fork][userinterface_public_455]It's better to show error notification when click save button if there is error on bc edit page
Last modified: 2016-05-12 13:14:43 EDT
Description of problem:
when there is configuration error on bc edit page console didn't popup error notification nor redirect to bc browse page when click "Save" button, user must click "Cancel" button to return bc browse page and see the error. It's better to give error notification and redirection on clicking "Save" button if error occurs during edit.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
2.Access buildconfig edit page
3. Select "Automatically build a new image when the builder image changes" but leave "Build From" as "None" in Image Configuration
4. Click save
4. Click on save button stay on edit page and no useful info printed
4. Click on save button should redirect to bc browse page and give error notification
I suggest we stay on the edit page when there are errors so the user can fix the problem and doesn't lose their edits. We need to show an error message, though.
agree, that will be more reasonable.
summary changed to clarify the issue
checked on latest origin devenv-rhel7_3335
1) when bc is changed via CLI before do any update on web console, click "Save" button will popup error notification indicating user should apply change against latest version
2) when bc is deleted and bc edit page still opens, there will be error message ob edit page indicating bc is deleted, user are not allowed to change anything for bc
it is reasonable and works as expected, could verify it once it is changed to ON_QA