Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1301466
[Docs] [Ironic] Implement feedback on the Bare Metal Provisioning Guide
Last modified: 2016-01-28 21:00:10 EST
The following updates must be made to the Bare Metal Provisioning Guide -
1) Add pxe-irmc to the list of Ironic drivers in section 2.1.
2) Specify 'grub2' as an option in the command in Step 5. of Section 2.2.
3) Add instructions on how to configure a HTTP proxy for connecting to the
Customer Portal / CDN in Step 3 of Section 2.2. Is it sufficient to set the
4) Changed 'aki_' to 'aki' in the glance command in Step 8 of Section 2.2.
5) Confirm whether nodes are in an 'available' state after Step 8 of Section
2.6.1, or whether users need to run the command 'ironic node-set-
provision-state <NODE> provide' to move the node into this state.
6) Change 'allowing TCP traffic' to 'allowing UDP traffic' in Step 8 of Section
Assigning to Martin for review.
Added fixes 1-4 and 6.
Note about number 3: Added options for http_proxy and https_proxy. These have inconsistent case from the other values: the code handles these as lowercase options.
Fix no.5 - Dan confirmed in his lab that the node automatically enters that 'available' state.
Added updates, as requested:
* Changed `pxe-irmc` to `pxe_irmc`
* Changed proxy values to `IP_address:port`
I can confirm that the requested changes have been implemented.
Moving to VERIFIED.
These changes are now live on the Customer Portal.