Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1302971
[origin_userinterface_532]Show unsuitable page when project with long display name
Last modified: 2016-12-09 16:53:00 EST
Description of problem:
Edit the project with a long display name, on home page the display name will not showd completed; on Overview page,the display name will showed by one line;
On setting page, the display name showed by one line, and the "Display Name" column squeezed and showed in two lines.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start OpenShift and login;
2. Create a project with long display name , or edit it with login display name.
3. Check the project on home page, OverView page, Setting page.
3.1 On home page the display name will not showd completed;
3.2 On Overview page,the display name will showed by one line;
3.3 On setting page, the display name showed by one line, and the "Display Name" column squeezed and showed in two lines.
Show the login display name with correct format;
IE11/safari/Phone only on setting page, the display name showed by one line
Edge/firefox/chrome with the same results like the "Actual results".
"home" page assuming is the project list page (localhost:9000)
- the list of tiles will truncate the long name. this is expected.
overview page project picker drop down
- this needs to truncate the name, it bleeds out
"settings page" on-page display does not truncate. seems fine?
So it seems the most important issue to address is the project picker on the overview (and all other project pages) bleeding out the display name across the toolbar.
Feel free to add screenshots if I am missing anything!
Have a WIP PR open to address this as we work out the details. https://github.com/openshift/origin/pull/7046
Changes merged into master
Pull request shows screenshots
Created attachment 1128129 [details]
Iphone and IE11 and chrome
Created attachment 1128130 [details]
firfox and edge issue
Confirmed with ami devenv-rhel7_3449,
The "home" page and "Overview" page have show correctly;
the main issuse is about "setting" page, please see the attachments;
The Iphone\IE11\Chrome\Safari, on the "setting" page , can't show the whole display name;
The firfox and edge , on the "setting" page, "Display Name" will showed on two lines.
The issue in comment 6 still exists on devenv-fedora_4053.
The long display name is not shown completely on setting page on all browsers, and it also doesn't show well on project deleting page. pls refer to attachment "display-name".
Created attachment 1151736 [details]
There have been a number of changes since this bug was created:
- The "settings" page shows the display name in an input, the input takes max width but can scroll back and forth keeping the text within its bounds.
- The "delete project" popup (accessible from the project list page) does not overflow even with a long display name.
- The project picker does not bleed, the dropdown stretches to the width of the screen matching the top bar. this seems acceptable.
- The above items seem appropriately handled on mobile browsers. The modal for deletion still shows all text w/appropriate margin/padding. The other instances of text are appropriately truncated or have ellipsis.
I believe we may have resolved this.
Now "Settings" page has been removed, "Edit" and "Delete" project option is only provided on /console page.
1. Create a project with a long display name
2. Check display on /console page(all browsers)
3. Check display on project overview page (all browsers)
4. Check display after click edit icon on /console page(all browsers)
5. Check display after click delete icon on /console page(all browsers)
Checked against Chrome 53, Firefox 48, iPhone & iPad, Safari 9.1, IE 11, Edge 25, they all show well now
Move to VERIFIED