Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1305354
Shell lock screen hangs if GVFS mount is stale
Last modified: 2016-07-19 15:24:33 EDT
Description of problem:
I frequently have remote filesystems mounted from Nautilus via GVFS, specifically DAVS shares. If I put the host to sleep while remote shares are mounted and change my physical network connectivity (e.g. I unplug from physical network or move PC to different WiFi environment), upon resuming the host and attempting to unlock the screen the password seems to be accepted but the lock screen never goes away.
If I open a separate virtual terminal session and "killall gvfsd-http" then the lock screen disappears and my graphical session is accessible as normal (although the remote filesystem is now unmounted, as expected).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Currently running gnome-shell-3.16.4-1.fc22 and gvfs-1.24.2-1.fc22
The problem happens often, and the solution can be applied consistently.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect to physical network port with remote filesystem share.
2. Log in to gnome-shell as normal user.
3. Open nautilus and mount a remote file share with a "davs://" URI scheme.
4. Observe the files are shown correctly.
5. Put the host to sleep via the gnome-shell menu.
6. Remove the physical network connection.
7. Wake the host and enter correct unlock password.
8. Observe the lock screen stays for several minutes (I assume indefinitely).
Cannot unlock gnome-shell session.
Should be able to at least get past the lock screen.
I have not tested this with other remote filesystem types (SMB, etc.) only with DAV mounts.
Fedora 22 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2016-07-19. Fedora 22 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version. If you
are unable to reopen this bug, please file a new report against the
current release. If you experience problems, please add a comment to this
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.