Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1307096
disk description is too long to fit into a space allocated in storage profile window
Last modified: 2016-08-03 09:52:09 EDT
Created attachment 1123596 [details]
screenshot of storage profile modal window
Description of problem
Information about available disks in Storage Profiles modal window
doesn't fit in the space allocated there.
Version-Release number of selected component
# rpm -qa 'rhscon*'
Steps to Reproduce
1. Start "Create Cluster" task
2. Select all hosts in "2. Select Hosts" page
3. Click on Edit link (right next to the number of disks in "Select Hosts" page)
4. When "modal window" for storage profiles is shown, click on general profile
(or any other which will hold all the disks by default)
5. See available disks info on the right hand side
There is a box for each disk added into the cluster, information has a form:
So for example something like:
The problem is that this line is too long to fit into the box and so
the information provided there are not readable.
It's possible to read description of each disk,
no text goes outside of the box.
I would suggest to change design of the boxes so that the
information would fit there.
Can you verify this in latest build
Using current build available for QE team: rhscon-ui-0.0.39-1.el7scon.noarch,
I see that:
* only 1st part of the host name is used, so with a normal sized browser window,
one would not see this issue
* moreover when I make the window smaller a bit, I see that the hostname and
device path wrapped to the 2nd line so that the information is still visible
* even smaller window changes the page geometry so that the full information is
On the other hand, there is a special case when between 2nd and 3rd case where
the information is not visible (see attached screenshot) - but given the current
responsive design of the page, I don't see this as a big issue.
Created attachment 1169969 [details]
updated screenshot of storage profile page
Created attachment 1169970 [details]
updated screenshot of storage profile page - responsive design example
Created attachment 1169971 [details]
updated screenshot of storage profile page - unreadable case
Moving to ON_QA as per Martin's comment
and I see only issue from attachment 1169971 [details] and I think this is acceptable. Otherwise we can reopen this issue.