Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1308568
No thumbnails when selinux in Enforcing mode
Last modified: 2016-02-18 15:43:51 EST
Description of problem:
tumbler generates no thumbnail if selinux is in Enforcing mode
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Happens on my primary machine, almost fresh installation of Fedora 23 Xfce spin
Steps to Reproduce:
1. set selinux to Permissive mode (setenforce 0)
2. reboot or similar
3. from terminal create a new folder, wget some image to that folder
4. open the folder in Thunar
5. observe the result
6. open desktop settings
7. observe the wallpaper settings
8. set selinux to Enforcing mode (setenforce 1)
9. reboot or similar
10. from terminal create a new (different) folder, wget some (different) image to that folder
11. open the folder in Thunar
12. observe the result
13. open desktop settings
14. observe the wallpaper settings
During Permissive mode, Thunar and Wallpaper settings generates image previews
During Enforcing mode, Thunar does not generate/display thumbnails, Wallpaper setting is unusable
See screenshots I will attach.
During both selinux modes, Thunar and Wallpaper settings generates image previews.
Created attachment 1127298 [details]
Thunar with setenforce 0
Created attachment 1127300 [details]
Desktop settings with setenforce 0
Created attachment 1127301 [details]
Thunar with setenforce 1
Created attachment 1127302 [details]
Desktop settings with setenforce 1
Can you please duplicate the issue and check for selinux AVCs?
I assume the folders are in your home dir? or are they somewhere else?
Weird, now I cannot replicate this. Will close it and reopen if it happens again.