Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1309344
[RFE] Ability to set overcloud node into maintenance mode
Last modified: 2018-01-24 19:14:08 EST
Description of problem:
We should have ability to set a overcloud node into maintenance mode which is required for specific node maintenance like: fix some interfaces / bios update / memory upgrade ......
It should be done via undercloud command.
1. The Node will always be part of the overcloud ( no need to reinstall)
2. Openstack services should not run while node is in maintenance mode
3. If node is a controller it will be take out of the cluster until end of maintenance
4. If node is a compute it will be take out of nova schdular and VMs will be migrated until end of maintenance
5. by end of maintenance mode all previous service will be operational
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
This bug did not make the OSP 8.0 release. It is being deferred to OSP 10.
Is this not possible via Ironic?
Maintenance mode in Ironic only means that certain operations won't touch. The requested command may set maintenance mode in Ironic, but it will also remove the node from OpenStack, which is something Ironic cannot do, of course.
This bugzilla has been removed from the release and needs to be reviewed and Triaged for another Target Release.