Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1310335
app menu in window title bar has white background even on Adwaita:dark (evolution, gnome-terminal, meld, …)
Last modified: 2016-05-09 04:09:35 EDT
Description of problem:
I am running evolution, gnome-terminal, … on gnome-shell with Adwaita:dark theme. I disabled the app menu in gnome-shell: In gnome-tweak-tool under "Top Bar" set "Show Application Menu" to OFF.
* evolution, all components (note the difference between window decorations and component switcher – those are the same icons) plus compositor
* meld (note top right and left bottom corners)
* dconf-editor (shows image-missing icon with light borders, issue can hardly be noticed)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
I don't know
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Switch to dark adwaita theme using gnome-tweak-tool (probably affecting any other dark gtk+ 3 theme)
2. disable app menu in gnome-shell using gnome-tweak-tool (or use a different window manager that doesn't support appmenus)
3. start any of the affected applications
Icons have white (or light gray) edges/corners where they should be dark
transparent pixels in icons should be dark on dark backgrounds
This issue is not present in Gtk+ 3.x applications showing a client-side GtkHeaderBar, where the appmenu is rendered on.
This issue is fixed for all applications listed above. Thank you!