Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1310875
KDE Plasma crashes when the mouse pointer repeatedly hovers the TaskManager
Last modified: 2016-02-22 18:35:57 EST
Description of problem:
It's trivial to trigger a crash on Fedora 24 2016022 Rawhide KDE.
There is an upstream bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=357895.
It seems that a commit already fixed it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=357895#c45
Since it's a nasty issue, I thought it would have been a good idea to file this downstream ticket in order to keep track of it. Please forgive me if I'm wrong.
The component is just a guess, I'm not so familiar with the KDE Ecosystem.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log In to Plasma
2. Hover repeatedly the task manager with the mouse
1. The entire Plasma's workspace crashes
1. Plasma's workspace should not crash.
backported upstream commit
* Mon Feb 22 2016 Rex Dieter <email@example.com> 5.19.0-3
- KDE Plasma crashes when the mouse pointer repeatedly hovers the TaskManager (#1310875)
To be clear, fix landed in kf5-plasma-5.19.0-3