Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1311117
disk size error, after snapshot preallocated disk
Last modified: 2016-03-10 07:48:31 EST
Description of problem:
1. I have VM with preallocated disk 20G.
2. Now I create snapshot. (in VM I see 20GB disk)
3. Now I Copy some data (5GB) to VM.
4. Delete snapshot.
5. Now Actual disk size is 24G and virtual size is 20G
6. stop/start VM
7. In VM I see 24GB disk, but I should si 20GB disk !!!
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. viz. Description
Ala/Adam, this looks like the same issue as bug 1301709. Please either confirm (and reset the target milestone to 3.6.3 and move the bug to MODIFIED) or issue a fix for 3.6.5.
(In reply to Allon Mureinik from comment #1)
> Ala/Adam, this looks like the same issue as bug 1301709. Please either
> confirm (and reset the target milestone to 3.6.3 and move the bug to
> MODIFIED) or issue a fix for 3.6.5.
Moving to ON_QA.
QA - up to you to either verify this scenario with vdsm-4.17.23 or newer (as per the fix for bug 1301709), or close as a duplicate.
Verified using the steps in bug 1301709:
1. Create VM (preallocated disk over ISCSI SD)
2. Create 2 snapshots
3. Live merge one of the snapshots
4. Clone a VM from the snapshot left