Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1311914
ODL L3 is not working with VLAN
Last modified: 2017-01-18 01:56:56 EST
Description of problem:
When using L3 with ODL I can't ping the external from the instance.
The setup is made of one controller (which also has the ODL controller) and one compute node. The two nodes have one interface as management and one which is connected to another switch and is serving the external network.
The external network is using VLAN.
I tried to use both the interface and a VLAN interface ( e.g. eth1.190) in other_config:provider_mappings - other_config:provider_mappings=external:eth1.190)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Opendaylight Controller and enable L3
2. Configure Neutron to use opendaylight mechanism driver and ODL for L3
3. Configure OVS to use ODL controller and add the mappings for L3.
4. Create internal and external networks where the external network is using VLAN.
5. Create a router with the external and internal network. Launch an instance connected to the networks and try to ping an external server from the instance.
closing as we are focusing on ODL Boron release and have no customers interested in previous releases.