Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1314484
Requuest to have mailman 3 included in RHSCL
Last modified: 2018-01-31 09:53:18 EST
Customer Requirements for mailman 3
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Request Mailman 3 to be included in RHSCL
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Brookhaven National Labs
TAM customer: yes
SRM customer: no
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Request Mailman 3 be included in RHSCL
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
See Attached Requirements Doc
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here) Mailman 3 achieves most of the the requirements needed, see the attached document.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented. The requirement can be tested by setting up a test mailing list server on a virtual system and verifying the requirements are met. The customer can them migrate some of the existing 538 mailing lists from mailman 2.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
Not involved currently
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
I had previously requested Mailman be upgraded in RHEL 7, and it was suggested to open an RFE for inclusion in RHSCL. BZ 1268078
Jan, since I see your name in Fedora's koji builds, could you roughly summarize what inclusion of Mailman 3 would mean? I still see Mailman 2 in Fedora for instance, so I'm wondering whether there is not some problem with version 3 for instance..