Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1315728
cannot use more states for filtering tasks
Last modified: 2017-03-23 00:03:21 EDT
Description of problem:
I have 24 completed tasks(and subtasks) and 8 of them are failed. I write about "Total numbers" not about visible ones, see bug 1315716
Filtering according state gives me strange results:
1) Inprogress==True, Completed==True, Failed==True => 8 failed tasks
2) Inprogress==True, Completed==True, Failed==False => all 24 tasks
So I think "Inprogress" and "Completed" should be designed as radiobuttons and then there should be another pair of radiobuttons with "Failed" and "Passed"
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Sounds like this is not working as designed. The count displayed here should be the number of items that select the criteria, if In Progress, Completed, and Failed are all selected, then all tasks are displayed (in this case 24 tasks). If I set Failed = false, then the user should only see tasks that are either in progress or that have been completed successfully (16 tasks in this case).
@Matt Carrano - What should be displayed when none of the filters are selected
Inprogress==False, Completed==False, Failed==False
(In reply to Karnan from comment #2)
> @Matt Carrano - What should be displayed when none of the filters are
> Inprogress==False, Completed==False, Failed==False
If no filters are selected, then there is nothing to show and you should display an "empty state." See https://www.patternfly.org/patterns/table-view/ for guidance on what this should look like.
I suggest a message like, "There are no tasks that meet your criteria. Please select In Progress, Completed, and/or failed to list all tasks that meet that criteria."
I'm also comparing against the design and see that "Succeeded" was changes to "Completed." This may result in confusion as identified in the original bug. What you call "Completed" should only be tasks that have completed successfully.
and it is not fixed as is described in comment #3
1) If no filter is selected all tasks are shown.
2) Succeeded is renamed to Completed which is I think wrong because Failed tasks are completed too.
3) Missing implementation of cite: "Filter events by name, object or other criteria (e.g. object, user, etc.)." It seems that it searches in all attributes but this should be specified somewhere or implemented according design document.