Created attachment 1156101 [details]
Screenshots from GNOME
Description of problem:
When I am trying to execute a command in GNOME GUI by pressing ALT+F2,
I am not able to paste any text under these conditions:
1) the keyboard layout is US EN and the Caps lock in ON.
2) the keyboard layout is RU (Phonetic, Winkeys)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RHEL 7.3 Workstation on x86_64 with:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Copy text from a text editor (gedit or kate) or from the console
2. Turn on Caps lock
3. Press ALT+F2
4. Press CTRL+V
5. The bug appears
6. Turn off caps lock
7. Add Russian keyboard layout, for example Phonetic with Winkeys
8. Repeat steps 1,3,4
9. The bug appears
10. Set the keyboard layout to US English.
Cannot paste any text as a command.
Paste the copied text as a command.
I am not sure about the component's name which is responsible for accepting text as a command. I mean after pressing ALT+F2.
Version of GNOME shell:
(In reply to Pavlin Georgiev from comment #0)
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 1. Copy text from a text editor (gedit or kate) or from the console
> 2. Turn on Caps lock
> 3. Press ALT+F2
> 4. Press CTRL+V
That's because the shortcut is ctrl+v, not ctrl+V.
This is the expected behaviour, not a bug.