Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 135003
Title on gedit shows Hangul file name like %E%D via sftp://
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:10:51 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041002
Description of problem:
while on sftp://, title on gedit shows file name with Hangul(Korean)
shows like %E%D.
But, content with Hangul shown as expected. Also, on locally opens the
file with gedit, the title shows correctly.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.make a file with hangul name and content
2.do sftp:// from nautilus
3.open the file with gedit
Actual Results: just a bit annoyed
Expected Results: title should be displayed with Hangul as same as on
The bug happened in gnome, I have tested with kde+konqueror.
While on fish://, can see very strange characters for the file name
from konqueror. (It's not %ED%~~~)
While on sftp://, hangul file name correctly shown on konqueror.
And, same thing happens with gedit.(title shows like %ED%~~~ )
But, with kwrite, KIOExec displays error message " ~~ file not exist".
More than that, file name on error message is shown with Hangul,
strange! On kde 3.3.0-7...
I have similar problems with fc4. The sftp is ok, but I noticed similar problems
browsing shamba shares with nautilus. It shows %20 instead of spaces in file
names. I can not copy such files or browse shared folders with spaces.
My computer is Athlon 64 and I installed 64 bit os as well.
Escaping in URIs is normal, unfortunately. The strings might not even be valid
utf8 if unescaped.