Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 13504
RFE: PPTP-VPN's MPPE encryption support
Last modified: 2008-08-01 12:22:51 EDT
I think it would be a good idea to:
1) patch ppp to support MS MPPE
2) patch the kernel with the patched ppp (make kernel) and rc4 files from
This, together with pptpd, would be a:
- drop-in replacement for NT4 PPTP VPN server
- an excellent solution to leverage the vpn enabled win9x clients out
- "linux+MS-VPN+SAMBA = NT replacement": a nice thing for redhat users and
for marketing people :-)
I think you should consider doing this together with RFE #12799, in order
to get a 100% complete PPTP solution.
ppp 2.3.11 (and kernel) patches:
(adds mppe/openssl stuff to ppp)
(adds require-mppe and require-mppe-stateless pppd options)
(adds chapms-strip-domain pppd option).
It would be good to include the pptpd rpm too, but it's not necessary. The
big thing is to have ppp and kernel ready for MS encryption style.
Thanks for the bug report. However, Red Hat no longer maintains this version of
the product. Please upgrade to the latest version and open a new bug if the problem
The Fedora Legacy project (http://fedoralegacy.org/) maintains some older releases,
and if you believe this bug is interesting to them, please report the problem in
the bug tracker at: http://bugzilla.fedora.us/