From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7)
Gecko/20040707 Firefox/0.9.2 StumbleUpon/1.998
Description of problem:
I was very frustrated to go through the majority of the option
selection process only to be met with a hung installer after selecting
my root password because I had not entered the correct path to the ftp
install directory. There was no recovery at this point, the system
would not let me go back to enter a new ftp path, because that
selection had been done during the text mode portion. Furthermore the
error presented by the GUI was not very informative. I had to switch
to the console to determine what went wrong.
1. Have the text-mode installer verify it can access the package list
AS SOON AS you enter the ftp directory, and prompt you for another
location if it is incorrect.
- or -
2. Have anaconda present you with a dialog box to enter a new
installation path if it can't find the hdlist.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Choose a valid but incomplete ftp installation path: ex
2. Fill in all interim choices
3. Wait for installer to hang after you enter your root password
Fixed in CVS