From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7)
Description of problem:
Using fc2 core odbc packages previous running programs from fc1 get
segmentation errors. Traced this back to odbc.
Downloaded and implemented latest upstream odbc package and all works
without any other changes.
Note tests during DBD:ODBC install (perl) worked ok but not existing
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run existing production perl odbc scripts - segmentation errors.
2. Strace show errors at odbc level not perl.
3. Is intermiitent - perl DBD:ODBC install and test runs ok.
4. Change perl scripts to use DBI:mysql interface and all still runs.
5. Compile and install unixODBC-2.2.10 and scripts now run once again.
Actual Results: Segmentaion errror on first DB access after connecting.
Expected Results: DB access
I can't really do much with a bug report that references scripts that
you aren't showing me :-(. Could you extract a self-contained test
case and attach it to this report?
Closed per lack of response. Note that FC2 is not even
supported by Fedora Legacy currently.