This service will be undergoing maintenance at 00:00 UTC, 2016-09-28. It is expected to last about 1 hours
Bug 138299 - Russian / i18n issues
Russian / i18n issues
Status: CLOSED CANTFIX
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: up2date (Show other bugs)
3
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Bret McMillan
Fanny Augustin
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2004-11-07 15:32 EST by Andrew Martynov
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:10 EST (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-10-29 10:16:01 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Andrew Martynov 2004-11-07 15:32:22 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040510

Description of problem:
Some pages in up2date GUI wizard is not shown as localized.
I found that second page (Channels) is completely localized in .po
file, but table headers "Description" and "Channel" shown in English.

Second issue - "Progress Dialog" does not use localization.

Third issue - up2date text usage help is not localized

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
up2date-4.3.52-3

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install FC3test3
2. Upgrade up2date to lates devel version
3. Setup system language "Russian"
4. run up2date
5. click Next to view second Page
6. run up2date --help

Actual Results:  Channels Table has Titles in English ( Description &
Channel )
Process Dialog show in English 
up2date help is showen in English

Expected Results:  Channels Table has Titles in Russian (
Описание &
Канал )
Process Dialog show in Russian
up2date help is showen in Russian

Additional info:

I suppose problem is located in i18n domain binding.

I found that following code resolve problems:

----------- Up2date code -----------
/usr/sbin/up2date:
#from up2date_client import timeoutsocket
#timeoutsocket.setDefaultSocketTimeout(10)
from up2date_client import up2dateErrors
                                                                     
                                                       
+from rhpl.translate import textdomain
+textdomain("up2date")
                                                                     
                                                       
# try to catch abuseErrors gracefully
try:

----------- Progress Dialog -----------
/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/progress.py:
import gtk
import gtk.gdk
#from gtk import glade
from gtk import TRUE, FALSE
 
+from rhpl.translate import _, N_
+gtk.glade.bindtextdomain("up2date", "/usr/share/locale")
----------------------------------------
Comment 1 Matthew Miller 2006-07-10 19:07:42 EDT
Fedora Core 3 is now maintained by the Fedora Legacy project for security
updates only. If this problem is a security issue, please reopen and
reassign to the Fedora Legacy product. If it is not a security issue and
hasn't been resolved in the current FC5 updates or in the FC6 test
release, reopen and change the version to match.

Thank you!
Comment 2 John Thacker 2006-10-29 10:16:01 EST
Closing per lack of response to previous comment.  If this still occurs on FC3
or FC4 and is a security issue, please assign to Fedora Legacy and the
appropriate version.  The bug could also be filed against RHEL if it is relevant
there.

up2date has been replaced by pirut and pup in FC5 and FC6, the still fully
supported versions of Fedora Core, so this bug will not be fixed unless it is a
security issue.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.