Description of problem:
Unlimited check is not forced for resource filter in role where neither role nor that filter has any taxonomies associated.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite 6.3 snap 3.0
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a role with some taxonomies.
2. Create a filter in a role without override and unlimited checked.
3. Submit the role.
4. Edit the role and remove taxonomies assigned earlier and ensure no taxonomies are assigned to role and submit.
5. Verify if the filter in role has unlimited check checked as neither role nor filter has taxonomies associated.
Unlimited check not forced for filter with no taxonomies from role or from itself
Unlimited check should be forced for filter having no taxonomies associated to it from role or self.
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18736 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is kept on failing in all subsequent snaps. Needs to be fixed asap. I know there is workaround but Customer will be unaware of this behavior that unlimited will be forced on filter, or just notify user that the filter will be set to unlimited
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18736 has been resolved.
Satellite 6.3 snap 19
1. Created a role with some taxonomies.
2. Created a filter in a role without override and unlimited checking.
3. Submitted the role.
4. Edited the role and removed taxonomies assigned earlier and ensure no taxonomies are assigned to the role and submit.
The filter in the role is set to unlimited check checked when neither role nor filter has taxonomies associated.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.