From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.2)
Description of problem:
I attempted to use the beta version of bz. However after each page it
asked me to login again.
I'm using the same settings, browser etc as for the production version
and that works.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Check logs for accesses from 184.108.40.206 (proxied via
westnet.com.au) to see what I did.
Wierd, I do not see that behavior. Can you please clear out all
bugzilla.redhat.com cookies from your browsers cookie history and try the same
operations to see if it no longer asks you to login for each page?
I changed browser.
I'm running Nahant-1 and had not previously used Firefox.
I started off https://bugzilla.redhat.com/beta/easy_enter_bug.cgi
I clicked step 3
I logged in
I selected bz, step 4
I now login again
I check cookies, see two, remove them.
I choose the latest release (How should _I_ know?) and all arches.
Click additional info
"Bogus bug bug" and random text.
New window opens (please don't) and I'm invited to login.
What the hell!
Clearing cookies in Firefox appears to have cleared cookies in Epiphany too. E
got a login screen.
I tried to login again in Firefox and got this:
Invalid Email Address
The e-mail address you entered () didn't pass our syntax checking for a legal
email address. A legal address must contain exactly one '@', and at least one
'.' after the @. It must also not contain any of these special characters:\ ( )
& < > , ; : " [ ], or any whitespace.
for this email address
I retried by clicking login again and submitted my bogus bug bug.
Which I closed without having to login again again again...
I should mention that I erased two bz cookies; now I have three.
The problem has recurred. I've done nothing to my cookie collection
since the previous reports.
It might have had something to with a misconfigured redirect on our server side.
Going to http://bugzilla.redhat.com/beta was not set to redirect to
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/beta which will cause cookie problems since they are
considered different. All http: should become https: now. Please try to remove
the bugzilla.redhat.com cookies and see if this clears up.