Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 140885
eggcups not cancelling printjobs to remote cups machines
Last modified: 2008-02-27 06:50:13 EST
Description of problem:
trying to use the cancel button in eggcups and the job still goes
through. Fc3 client desktop and Fc3 cups server.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open up gedit, type in some text
2. send several print jobs to remote printer
3. watch as egg-cups icon appears
4. click on egg-cups icon to get the printjob status dialog.
5. notice all 3 jobs are listed as printing,even before the first page
is finished on the printer.
6. right click on newest job select cancel
7. watch as all 3 jobs get printed on remote printer all all statuses
shown as completed.
Cancel in egg-cups seems to not work with remote print jobs
Cancel should work
I haven't tested pause yet... thats next on the list.
I'll attach log of strace -fF -s300 eggcups --sm-disable
anything else you need?
Created attachment 107472 [details]
zipped strace -fF -s300 eggcups --sm-disable 1>/tmp/eggcups.strace 2>&1 for desktop-printing-0.17-5 during eggcups session where Cancel was attempted
Sorry, the strace is too big for bugzilla to let me upload it as plain text.
So i added it as zipped, but I can place it somewhere on the net if you need me
Might be related to bug #132289
I'm fairly sure this is still here in FC5...
Fedora Core 3 is now maintained by the Fedora Legacy project for security
updates only. If this problem is a security issue, please reopen and
reassign to the Fedora Legacy product. If it is not a security issue and
hasn't been resolved in the current FC5 updates or in the FC6 test
release, reopen and change the version to match.